Content created by Advocates is highly trusted and influential. According to Nielsen, 92% of consumers trust peer recommendations. Only 53% trust content that you create and post on your website.
Here are five ways to turn your Advocates into a powerful content marketing engine:
- Identify your Advocates. Ask your customers the “Ultimate Question” for loyalty: “On a scale of 0-10, how likely are you to recommend our company or product to your friends?” Customers who respond 9 or 10 are Advocates.
- Encourage Advocates to rate and review your products. Seventy percent of consumers trust online reviews, Nielsen says. And 67% of consumers don’t buy after reading only one to three negative reviews, according to Lightspeed Research. Make it easy for Advocates to create online reviews by giving them review applications.
- Enable Advocates to create stories about their experiences with your company or products. Ask them to tell you about their “Kodak moment.” Stories bring your brand promise to life in a very authentic way. Here’s an example of a story created by an Advocate of Rubio’s Restaurants, a California-based fast casual eatery famous for its fantastic fish tacos.
- Make it easy for Advocates to answer prospects’ questions. Advocate Answers application enables prospects to ask Advocates questions about why they purchased your products or services. A VOIP company has generated over 3,000 leads via Advocate Answers. These are highly-qualified leads – these are prospects who are taking time to ask questions, indicating strong purchase interest and intent.
- Amplify Advocates. Enable Advocates to publish and/or share the content they’ve created on shopping sites, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and elsewhere by including social sharing widgets in content creation forms.
Creating content can be costly and time-consuming. Don’t overlook the most powerful weapon in your content marketing arsenal: your Brand Advocates!