For anyone who's ever wanted to listen in on brand marketers conversing with their peers, here's a sneak peek. These are eleven of the best questions I'm hearing at the iMedia Brand Summit.
11 questions brand marketers ask their peers
1. When working with an agency, what can a brand do to "let the agency do whatever they want" while at the same time "getting them to do exactly what we want them to?" (Referring to the creative brief process and navigating trust vs. hitting brand goals.)
2. How do you prove ROI to a CEO or CMO who doesn't have a digital background?
3. What are the pros and cons of bringing mobile app development in house?
4. How do you navigate turnover on both sides on the brand/agency relationship?
5. How do you contend with longtime team members and executives who don't like change?
6. To a marketing director from a smaller company: how did you do so much with so few resources?
7. What do you really think of media/tech company ____? (Lots of candid opinions going around about partner companies.)
8. How do agencies actually feel when brand team members offer their "great ideas?" (e.g. "I showed your idea to my kids, and they think…")
9. How do agencies combat fear in the brand company of trying something new?
10. How do you translate digital into an in-store experience?
11. How do you get multiple agencies to collaborate better? (To get the job done without trying to replace other agencies.)
We'll bring you more from the summit tomorrow.
Get the creative juices flowing
In the meantime, in the spirit of the recent Super Bowl and to inspire cleverness in your own campaigns, here's my new favorite YouTube video "THE NFL : A Bad Lip Reading":