As a shopper, you don't want to search through the 10,000-plus deals and coupons available at your favorite retailer just to find the 12 that matter. What if you could get those 12 automatically delivered right to your smartphone? What if you could see the exact location of each product in the store? And get personalized suggestions on other products of interest?
As a brand, it's becoming increasingly more challenging to reach customers, especially at key decision points. What if you could send a personalized ad or deal to customers seeking a product like yours when they are in-store, near your product, and making that decision?
As a retailer, you need new ways to boost sales and engage your shoppers. What if you had your own private mobile ad network to engage your shoppers in a new way and, at the same time, create a significant new advertising-based revenue stream? What if you could increase sales and customer loyalty at the same time?
The Point Inside Interact Platform takes an innovative tack to meet the challenges presented by the growing number of consumers armed with smartphones. Using its unique indoor shopper and product location technologies combined with shopper purchase intent data, it delivers highly personalized advertising messages to in-store customers. As part of the retailer's branded app, both retailers and brands can use Interact to engage in-store customers in ways not previously possible.
Point Inside engages shoppers in three key ways:
- Connects shoppers to in-store physical assets by understanding both shopper and product locations
- Enhances shopper buying experience by providing routes through the store and suggesting additional, highly relevant products
- Creates a channel for brands to reach customers to deliver the right message at the right time
With more than 90 percent of retail occurring in-store, and 100 million smartphones, there is a large opportunity to connect with shoppers at every point along the path to purchase. Point Inside's unique platform:
- Helps customers discover new products
- Offers personalized deals
- Understands which offers are most effective for which of shoppers
- Gains deep customer insights for both real-time activation and longer-term strategic planning
Point Inside's capabilities are showcased by the major retailer Meijer within the Meijer Find-it application. After a successful five-store pilot in fall 2010, it rolled it out to all 196 stores in January. All stores in the Find-it app feature a store map, shopping list, mPerks coupons (Meijer's digital coupon program), and sale items. Stores labeled with a Find-it icon also include product mapping and the ability to order your shopping list for the most efficient route through the store. The app is available for free download for Android and iPhone.
In the last four months, the Find-it app has seen impressive growth:
- 58 percent growth in unique users
- 65 percent growth in ad impressions
Point Inside is working with a number of top-20 retailers to deliver this set of capabilities for retailers and brands. Learn more here.