Web Designer - Mobile - Booking.com
Amsterdam, The Netherlands,
2 to 5 years
How we work:
Booking.com is the market leader in Europe for on-line hotel reservations with more than 3300 employees worldwide and a total of 60+ offices worldwide. Our headquarters is located in the centre of Amsterdam and we offer a dynamic international work environment.
We make our design decisions based on experiments and testing. We receive thousands of visits to our mobile website on a daily basis; therefore we know instantly which experiments work and which don’t.
As a Web Designer for mobile you will have graphically strong web design skills, and a good technical understanding of web page creation for mobile devices. In this role you will be involved in the rapid development and enhancement of m.booking.com.
- Work together with colleagues of Design, IT and Marketing to improve usability of our mobile website
- Designing and developing the user interface of the m.booking.com website with HTML/CSS
- Conduct experiments for improving conversion
- Create mock-ups and web pages
- Strong sense for consistent design of user interfaces, usability and accessibility for mobile devices
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with browser/vendor quirks and workarounds, cross-browser, HTML5 and CSS3
- Knowledge of web standards for web development
- Able to work well independently and within a team
- You are an excellent communicator with a pragmatic and hands-on approach to business
- Confident working with version control systems
- Ability to code hand-crafted HTML
- Expert mastery of cross-browser front-end technologies: HTML/HTML5 and CSS
- Experience in an e-commerce environment
- Experience with templating systems
- Experience with graphical software (e.g. Photoshop and/or Fireworks)
- Experience with mobile web design and development
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus, with possibilities for further career opportunities within our fast growing company. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation we will assist you with a relocation package insuring a smooth transition to working and living in the Netherlands.
CV & Portfolio - Additional Info Needed
Please submit your CV in English at www.booking.com/jobs!
IMPORTANT!! All candidates must send a portfolio with personal design contributions or work samples, otherwise the application will not be taken into consideration.
This can be added as an attachment in Step 6 of the online application process . Please indicate your specific roles and contributions for each project submitted as part of the portfolio.