UX Usability Researcher - Booking.com
Amsterdam, The Netherlands,
2 to 5 years
We are looking for a usability expert to assist with the optimization of the user experience for our website. More specifically you will focus on our hotel content, reviews and different language versions of our website. You will focus on both short-term conversion and longer-term customer loyalty, constantly measuring and tweaking results.
You will be responsible for deciding what method to use, what data to capture, and how to interpret and communicate the results to your colleagues. Your personal toolkit exists of a variety of methods, including traditional one-one usability tests, surveys and analytics data. Day-to-day you will be working closely together with usability and analytics specialists, editors, language specialists, content specialists, web marketers, copywriters, designers and developers.
- Initiate and execute researches to discover opportunities for website optimization experiments
- Offer insight into user behaviour within specific experiments (A/B-tests) and other tests
- By answering questions like: “Why do users book more/less with this new feature?”, you can offer input for further tests
- Passionate hands-on usability researcher
- Excellent analytical skills
- A strong commercial mindset
- Resourceful, pragmatic thinker
- Data driven, with a feeling for numbers
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
- Fully comfortable working in English, both in writing and orally
- 4 -5 years of proven experience in usability research - doing both qualitative user interviews and quantitative
- data analysis
- Ecommerce experience
- Experience working with A/B testing (preferred)
- Masters or Bachelors in: psychology, sociology or marketing (or related disciplines)
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus, with possibilities for further career opportunities within our fast growing company. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation we will assist you with a relocation package insuring a smooth transition to working and living in the Netherlands.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in English at www.booking.com/jobs