Communications Manager - eMarketer
New York, NY, NY
5 to 7 years
401(K), Health, Dental, Vision
eMarketer publishes data, analysis and insights on digital marketing, media and commerce. We do this by gathering information from many sources, filtering it, and putting it into perspective. For more than a decade, leading companies have trusted this approach, and have relied on eMarketer to help them make better business decisions.
We have a newly created position! Communications Manager, Brands
eMarketer seeks an experienced Communications Manager to own strategy and day-to-day execution for public relations programs targeted toward major retail, ecommerce, consumer products and technology brands. The candidate will work proactively with our editorial, forecasting and sales teams to develop plans for reporters and event organizers that will drive high-level media exposure for eMarketer.
The role requires the ability to articulate the content and value of eMarketer’s information to the media, executives at large brands, and other influencers. The candidate, in addition to being an excellent writer, must also be highly knowledgeable of general market trends and leading companies in these industry categories, and be able to develop exceptional relationships with reporters at major news outlets.
· Become an authoritative source for information related to digital marketing, media and commerce for journalists at major publications covering brands in consumer packaged goods, retail and others.
· Develop excellent relationships with reporters at the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times and others.
· Develop industry and topical expertise about trends and market-leading brands in several verticals.
· Proactively pitch story ideas related to eMarketer information on specific verticals or brands.
· Develop campaigns to publicize partnerships and business agreements between eMarketer and its clients.
· Secure placement for eMarketer spokespeople at key industry conferences.
· Advise and prepare executive spokespeople for events and presentations.
· Minimum bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years professional experience working at a large brand or an agency with large brand clients
· Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
· Ability to think, plan and execute resourcefully
· Ability to assess and provide opinions on key issues in the internet marketplace
· Passion for digital media, marketing and commerce is essential
eMarketer offers a collegial work environment with first class compensation, 100% paid individual medical benefits and dynamic opportunities for career growth.
When applying for this opportunity, kindly forward your resume with a cover letter complete with salary expectations. EOE