Director, Digital Analytics - OMD - Omnicom Media Group
Omnicom Media Group
Chicago, Illinois, IL
5 to 7 years
OMD is the leading media communications agency globally, across 100 countries with 8,000+ employees serving the world's high-profile brands. OMD offers communications strategy, media planning and buying, digital execution, content creation, entertainment marketing, sponsorship and brand analytics. OMD is recognized for its strategic integration and creative innovation. Overview Data and analytics are critical to a healthy digital marketing practice. The maturing digital marketing industry is not only demanding more accountability, but enhanced accuracy and creativity in the development of measurement frameworks. The cost of entry to satisfy such high demands requires an intimate familiarity with the nuances of digital tracking technologies coupled with adept data management. Excellence in solving current-day measurement challenges requires applying such expertise in creative and business-relevant methods. The Director, Digital Analytics is a multifunctional posi
tion involving managerial responsibilities (e.g. administration, team morale, staffing, new business), client-dedicated stewardship (e.g. reporting and analysis, web analytics, performance scoring systems, marketing scorecards) and technical proficiency (e.g. automated dashboards and data integration/ hygiene). This position is relied upon by the client and team members to lead the conception and deployment of best-in-class digital measurement strategies that elevate the level of sophistication, accuracy, validity and creativity of our clients’ digital measurement strategies. The Director, Digital Analytics is also responsible for supporting the U.S. Director in leading and evangelizing the discipline to ensure evolving sophistication and internal adoption. Responsibilities
* Administration – This position will support the U.S. Director to evangelize and grow Digital Analytics, including: organizing team learning and development, team morale, business development, staffing and conflict resolution.
* Management & Leadership – This position is responsible for the analytics of major advertising clients, including oversight of projects/deadlines, management and motivation of team members, selling-in of OMD philosophies and delivering proactive analysis, insights and recommendations. Proactively identifying meaningful analysis is a must.
* Bespoke Measurement Strategy– Whether working with a customized performance scoring methodology, aligning better understanding consumer attitudes and perceptions, or simply identifying benchmarks, this position requires experience working with clients to create, sell-in and deliver, value-based measurement frameworks that create meaningful business value, beyond basic media metrics such as CTR and CPC.
* Analytic Rigor—Applying sound techniques to the capture and analysis of digital data, including statistic techniques (correlation, cluster, predictive, regression) and quantitative survey methodology.
* Reporting & Analysis – Experience in driving reporting automation to increase time spent on analysis versus reporting, as well as crafting insightful analysis that tells a story understandable to clients and that is actionable in driving a set of recommendations that produce demonstrable improvements/results.
* Web Analytics – Deep familiarity with enterprise web analytics tools (e.g. Omniture, Google Analytics, WebTrends, etc.) including business rules and implementation considerations; integration with other data sources such as ad-servers, rich media vendors, ecommerce data, etc.; and data extracts to produce external reporting.
* Automated Dashboards & Marketing Scorecards – This involves specifying business requirements for automated dashboards and marketing scorecards, developing and maintaining KPIs, working with a variety of data such as competitive, buzz, ad-serving, rich media, web analytics data, budget/planning data, attitudinal data, etc. (this ideally includes basic familiarity with tools such as Business Objects).
* Data Integration/Hygiene – This position will be responsible for consultation and execution of combining sets of data, developing databases and troubleshooting data integration and hygiene issues—this would include the ability to use tools such as SAS or SPSS and a deep level of experience with Excel.
* Teamwork – This position will be required to professionally and collaboratively coordinate with internal client teams, internal departments, partner agencies, clients and vendors.
* Expertise in Digital Marketing Technologies – This position will be required to maintain ongoing expertise around new ad-serving, targeting and data management technologies, including formalizing point-of-views, identifying partnership opportunities, assessing emerging media and educating internal teams and clients about all issues related to digital marketing measurement.
* Bachelor's or Master's (preferred) degrees in the marketing, statistics, engineering, computer science, information science, social science or business-related fields with technical and project management skills
* 7+ year’s experience with web analytics and online marketing data analysis and research
* 5+ year’s experience providing and managing web and Internet performance analytics including experience structuring and conducting complex analysis
* 5+ year’s experience leading/managing people or teams
* Extensive working knowledge of digital marketing technologies including ad-servers (DoubleClick, Atlas, etc.), enterprise web analytics packages (Omniture SiteCatalyst, WebTrends, Google Analytics, etc.) and analytical vendors (Optimost, Offermatica, DoubleVerify, Anchor Intelligence, etc.)
* Demonstrated application of statistics to digital data, including correlation, cluster, regression analyses
* Thorough understanding and experience with contemporary digital analytic topics such as attribution, social analytics, mobile analytics, video analytics.
* Extensive experience with data management (including integration and hygiene), including SQL and/or SPSS, Access and deep knowledge of Excel
* Experience developing and socializing scorecards and grading (a.k.a. “point” or “scoring”) frameworks
* Experience with online attitudinal/voice-of-customer measurement vendors and techniques, including comScore, Nielsen, Dynamic Logic, Insight Express, Vizu, Quantcast, Compete, Hitwise, iPerceptions, ForeSee
* Demonstrated experience and comfort with working directly with a clients to interpret their needs and present solutions—this includes a broad range of client discussions, from those clients confident in their digital knowledge, to those eager to learn more
* Familiarity with online planning and execution process
* Demonstrated management experience including supervisory and training responsibilities Ability to articulate complicated technologies and concepts with conversational language for the purpose of education, guidance and/or sales
* Excellent project management skills
* Proactive, organized, dedicated, team player
Once you have added this advert to the job board please follow the link below to upload a URL to the live advert
To Apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bGluZHNheS5oYXJyaXNvbi41MTY3NC4zMjQwQG9tbmljb20uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t