Manager, Conference Center Marketing - National 4-H Council
National 4-H Council
Chevy Chase, MD
5 to 7 years
401(K), Flexible, Health, Dental, Vision
Job Summary: Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, the Manager, Conference Center Marketing will be responsible for gaining customers for the National 4-H Youth Conference Center (Center). Focus will be on driving leads to the sales team through daily execution of the marketing plan against a number of segments, developing and planning appropriate collateral and marketing activities to support Center strategy with a focus on increasing revenues and creating brand preference. The Manager will support Center initiatives worldwide, and responsibilities include:
· Generate leads for sales team
· Develop and implement an annual Center marketing plan in cooperation with Center sales team
· Plan all activities from brochures, press releases, ads to online activities and materials;
· Negotiate contracts with printers, agencies, and other third parties;
· Setting and maintaining standards for Brand Identity;
· Manage the continuous improvement of the 4hcenter.org website to improve effectiveness and to maintain integration with marketing messages;
· Help identify performance indicators, manage deliverables and track metrics;
· Analyze actions (post-tests, ROI calculation, lead tracking);
· Direct outreach to prospective customers through phone, email, web and other means.
· Create and maintain the company’s sales client database.
· Support Center participation in targeted tradeshows, conferences to generate sales leads
· Act as marketing partner to other groups within National 4-H Council.
· Manage digital resources to drive sales leads through SEO, SEM, e-mail blasts, landing pages , list serve research/acquisition, social media presence and potential on-line booking modules.
· 5 years of hospitality (accommodations, conference center or travel trade) experience in marketing/sales
· Knowledge of the Washington, DC tourism/hospitality market preferred
· Knowledge of the student and youth travel industry preferred
· Knowledge and experience in online marketing a must
· Knowledge and experience with social media marketing preferred
· Self-motivated, self-starter, independent worker, entrepreneurial spirit
· Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to interact with external customers at a senior level in a friendly and professional manner.
· Needs to be a problem solver that can work both independently and as a member of a team.
· Track record of managing projects to successful completion on time and on budget
· Strong knowledge of creative process and project management experience
· Excellent presentation and collaboration skills; demonstrate ability to drive ideas through a complex organization with multiple stakeholders
Email, fax or mail resume to: National 4-H Council;
7100 Connecticut Ave., Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Fax: (301) 961-2894, email@example.com