PR/Communications Manager - LiveRail
San Francisco, CA
2 to 5 years
401(K), Bonuses, Stock, Health, Dental, Vision
LiveRail is looking for a PR/Communications Manager to join our rapidly growing team. This person has proven writing skills and can effectively interpret and communicate technical aspects of online advertising to the masses. We’re looking for a relationship-builder, both online and offline for a very strategic set of media outlets, so we’re favoring writing and industry knowledge over established contacts or PR background. You’ll have plenty of stories to develop - -from a fast growing start-up angle to the newest product feature that is solving the complexities of video advertising. The right candidate embraces the challenge of rolling up their sleeves and diving right into team projects, is passionate about our vision and excited to jumpstart their communications career by shaping the conversation on video advertising, the fastest growing marketing medium today! This individual will report directly to the Director of Marketing. Position is open to San Francisco and New York based candidates.
- Establish and manage relationships with key members of the industry and business press, as well as PR & Communications cohorts from our partners & clients
- Collaborate with senior team members to develop and drive strategic communications plans to gain media attention and build consumer awareness in support of overall marketing and brand development goals
- Develop compelling proactive pitches related to LiveRail’s business
- Responsible for elevating external visibility of LiveRail technology and our thought leaders via submissions for speaking engagements, industry awards, editorial opportunities, etc.
- Research statistical information for various executive speeches, articles, and collateral
- Write, edit, and proofread all corporate communications prior to distribution
- Manage and attend media-related events on behalf of the company
- Analyze and measure results of PR programs and communications initiatives
- Monitor and execute social media campaigns
- Help drive the planning and execution of internal and external events
- 2-5 years of relevant industry experience in a writing or PR/communications role at an agency or working in-house for an ad tech company or ad network (display or video)
- Has editorial contacts with publications that cover this space is a major plus
- Is a natural storyteller with strong writing skills for a variety of platforms, from press releases, bylines, and collateral to blog and social media posts
- Has genuine interest in communications and uncovering unique approaches to enhance LiveRail’s reputation as the leader in video advertising technology
- Works effectively with numerous remote colleagues (based in Eastern and Pacific time zones)
- Flourishes in fast-paced environments, is flexible and able to roll with changing scenarios
- Is skilled at managing up and laterally within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree required
NOTE: Interviewees will be expected to provide writing samples and/or complete a writing assignment
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package: Base + Performance Bonus + Stock Options
- Benefits including Health + Vision + Dental + 401(k) + Life Insurance + 30 days of PTO
- Convenient locations: Just steps away from the Montgomery Street BART/MUNI station in our SF office and in the central Flatiron District of NYC
- Unlimited snacks, occasional catered breakfasts/lunches and frequent Happy Hours!
The video ad ecosystem runs on LiveRail. With over 3bn monthly impressions (25% of all video ads) delivered via our platform each month, LiveRail is the technology behind many of the most sophisticated video advertising and media companies online. We help connect the video ecosystem, enabling publishers, ad networks and agencies to transact effectively, efficiently and scalably. Founded in 2007, LiveRail's senior team is led by its founders, Mark Trefgarne (CEO) and Andrei Dunca (CTO). LiveRail Inc. is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with offices in New York City and Romania. Our people make LiveRail the kind of company it is. We hire people who are smart and determined, and we tend to favor personality and potential over experience. We share common challenges and goals, yet we have different backgrounds and passions, reflecting the global audience that we serve. And when not at work, we like to play in the great cities we live in and pursue interests and activities like mountain biking, playing in sports leagues, performing in local theater, chasing food trucks, and DJ'ing. If you’re interested in where online video advertising is headed and want to make a real impact and solve some of the most complex problems at the cutting edge of online advertising, come talk to us! We're looking for smart, amazing people to help build and create the tools and technology that will change the world of video advertising.
Please send your detailed cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please specify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your submission.