Head of Technology - digital media - Jumpstart Automotive Group
Jumpstart Automotive Group
San Francisco -- 94111, CA
Competitive, great benefi
7 to 10 years
401(K), Bonuses, Health, Dental
We are seeking a smart, forward-thinking, and results driven Director of Technology to lead our Tech Team through the next growth phase of our company. This is a critical role which will oversee the delivery of our company-wide technology solutions.
Join us at Jumpstart Automotive Group and you'll be part of a fast growing, digital media company that represents 15 of the best automotive website brands in the industry (think Car and Driver, Road & Track, JD Power Autos). We develop industry leading marketing solutions for our ad clients with products including contextual display advertising, behavioral/audience retargeting, mobile/e-reader, emerging media, custom content, social media, video, market intelligence & analytics, and creative services. We are extremely entrepreneurial minded with a culture that is second to none (ping-pong anyone?) As a division of Hearst Magazines, we offer the best of both worlds: a nimble, fast-paced organization coupled with the career development opportunities and perks of an established company in Hearst. To learn more, please go to www.jumpstartautomotivegroup.com
The Director of Technology also manages our information systems infrastructure, develops and delivers a Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse solution, manages to performance standards for the company-s network, develops customized advertising solutions for clients, meets technology needs of key stakeholder groups, and develops a team to support these needs.
This individual must have the ability to work closely with cross-functional teams, an eye for product development, thrive with people development, and a roll-up-your sleeves sensibility. He/she must be passionate about building a great company. This role is based in San Francisco, CA and reports to the SVP Strategy, Business Development & Technology.
- Building and maintaining a SAS-based Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse solution that supports the analytics and data insights for the company
- Leading front-end development efforts, custom advertising units, media solutions (HTML5) for our advertising clients
- Managing custom Java-based tools that interface with the DoubleClick, YieldEx, and other online advertising based API's
- Supporting a lead engine that collects, optimizes, and distributes lead generation requests from publisher partners to online partners.
- Planning and administration of an Amazon Web Services-based infrastructure
- Planning and administration of cloud-based IT services (ie. Box.com, Yammer)
- Technical desktop and local server support for the organization
- Lead and support a team of IT and software professionals
- Proven ability to "own" a technology budget and effectively managing deliverables with tight resources in an ever changing environment
- Hands on experience developing Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse solutions for an organization with very large amounts of data.
- Minimum of 3-4 years at an online-advertising based organization (online media/marketing)
- Experience with cloud-based technologies - both Software as a Service (SaaS) as well as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) providers
- Experience leading technical development, IT resources, new product development
- Self-directed, team player who has a strong sense of urgency and proven ability to get results through effective leadership
- Minimum of 3-4 years managing multiple direct reports with demonstrated success
- Vendor and contractor management
- Experience working directly with senior management
- B.S. of Computer Science
- Small company experience is a must. Startup experience a plus
- 80% windows 7, 20% Mac
- LAMP stack for ad serving
- Java / glassfish for ad tools
- ColdFusion 9 for lead engine
- Server environment is 90% cloud-based
- SAS Database management
Compensation and Perks
Jumpstart Automotive Group offers a competitive salary and we have a comprehensive benefits package. What makes us extraordinary is the fitness reimbursement program, tuition reimbursement, popular vendor discounts and other fabulous perks.
Where you work matters. Our environment is fast-paced, social and we're headquartered in San Francisco's Embarcadero District with an open floor plan, windows that overlook the Bay Bridge, exposed ceiling beams and colorful art showcasing our design work. We also have regular company meetings to share our thought leadership and accomplishments. We offer a comprehensive orientation program and opportunities for learning. Our office has a modern and open floor-plan and includes a mounted plasma TV, competitive ping-pong, free coffee, sodas, snacks and a tradition from our dot.com days: Bagel Thursdays!
To be considered, please complete our online application, and a short cover letter to make you stand out. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this role, please go to the following link.