West Coast Account Executive - My Damn Channel
My Damn Channel
Long Beach, CA
2 to 5 years
My Damn Channel, a leading entertainment studio, online destination, and distributor of premium video, is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented Digital Advertising Sales Executive.
Our company, founded in 2007, empowers comedians, actors, filmmakers, musicians and brands to co-produce, monetize and distribute original video content on www.MyDamnChannel.com and in syndication across all digital platforms. The company has launched some of the most successful original comedy series on the web, including the highly successful Daily Grace starring Grace Helbig; Mark Malkoff, Wainy Days, Horrible People, You Suck at Photoshop and videos by Harry Shearer.
We were recently named one of TIME Magazine's Best 50 Websites of 2011. ?We serve a broad range of national advertisers including Subway, Fiat, Crowne Plaza, Universal Pictures and Adult Swim.
We are also a YouTube Original premium channel partner delivering the first, live, daily comedy series on YouTube: My Damn Channel LIVE, starring Beth Hoyt and featuring celebrity guests every weekday at 4p et at www.YouTube.com/MyDamnChannel. We have also assembled a group of owned and operated websites and YouTube Channels that reach millions of unique visitors each month.
Starring the best comedy talent in the business, My Damn Channel has produced thousands of hit original videos and is on course to be the on-line comedy destination for the millennial generation!
We are looking for a Los Angeles based account executive to grow our West Coast advertising revenue. This individual will be responsible for growing revenue through the development and sale of creative advertising solutions to clients. The AE will develop a solid understanding of our ad products and use consultative selling skills to develop solutions to meet advertiser needs and close deals for our destination site, our network of partners and for our new daily, LIVE show with YouTube.
- Achieve revenue targets for assigned West Coast account list
- Develop strong business relationships with buyers, media planners, brand managers, and clients in your assigned territory
- Prospect for, develop and close new business
- Ensure optimal market coverage, professional client engagements, increased awareness of products, services, and capabilities
- Identify and develop strategies for penetrating key accounts and prospects
- Drive ongoing improvements in sales strategy and approach with sales management
- Manage the opportunity pipeline and revenue forecasting
- Identify, coordinate, and attend local marketing and advertising association events
- Flexibility to travel to West Coast markets including San Francisco, Portland and Seattle.
- 2 to 4 years in digital media sales in a media company
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience selling advertising/sponsorships to major accounts and advertising agencies. Entertainment and Import Automotive category experience is a plus
- Strong experience with Excel, Powerpoint, and Salesforce.com
- Self-starter that can thrive in both a corporate and start-up environment
- Knowledge of industry trends, technologies, and pricing models
- Thoroughhands-on knowledge of ad campaign metrics and analysis
- Strong ability to collaborate and coordinate
- Professional maturity, integrity, discipline and a positive attitude
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Exceptional presentation skills - creation and delivery
- Ability to accurately identify opportunities and apply resources to close deals
- Ability to aggressively manage the successful execution of a sales strategy
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Basic understanding of online ad serving, 3rd party research skills, ie ComScore, Omniture, etc
Please send resume and cover letter to: jobs@MyDamnChannel.com.
Watch our Sizzle Reel here.