Media Planner - Digitas
2 to 5 years
What’s unique about Digitas? We are the top integrated brand agency with digital at our core and offices in 19 countries. We build active brands that inspire people to take action. We create business impact for Fortune 500 multi-national brands by pairing marketing, technology, creativity, media, and analytics. We’re leading the industry in mobile and social. What else? We have fun. We celebrate talent, we eat bagels together on Fridays, we let loose during creative recess, we compete at Digibowl tournaments, and we get dirty volunteering together in our communities. We have a one-of-a-kind culture. It’s the reason that, in the last two years alone, we’ve earned spots on over 20 awards lists like Coolest Places to Work and Best Companies to Work For. We have an environment at Digitas that fuels us to stay at the forefront of our industry.
We’re searching for a Media Planner who can establish themselves within the company and with clients as an expert in the field of media. You’ll negotiate with media vendors and work with the media supervisor to develop strategic recommendations that meet client-marketing objectives.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
• Work with the media supervisor to develop strategic channel/media approach that meet client objectives
• Develop a considered vehicle list (i.e. considered sites, publications, lists, etc.)
• Lead in the development of the recommendation document
• Utilize media research tools and resources to aid in campaign development
• Develop RFP and field any vendor questions surrounding it
• Evaluate returned RFPs and determine vehicle selections
• Develop the final buy recommendation and buy summary
• Present the recommendation to the client
• Manage the associate planner in gathering creative spec data, developing insertion orders, trafficking and monitoring of campaigns
• Handle invoice reconciliation and bill pay process
• Manage cross-departmental issues/questions regarding campaign execution
• Provide measurement with necessary information and document framework to pull results data
• Develop and present concise results highlighting relevant learning gained and recommendations for future campaigns
• Be the day-to-day contact for vendors specific to client business
To qualify, you’ll need:
• Four year degree
• 2-4 years as a media assistant or planner with multi-channel experience (preferred)
• Creative agency experience desired
• Clear understanding of the media planning and buying process
• Ability to understand client objectives and how they translate into media strategies
• Strong familiarity with the digital environment
• Solid understanding of general advertising and direct marketing performance metrics
• Understanding of strengths/weaknesses of media research tools and how to effectively use them
• Proven computer skills, including Microsoft Office
• Strong written and oral communication skills
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
Got what it takes?
Digital is an equal opportunity employer.