Content Sales Manager - Conde Nast
New York, NY
5 to 7 years
Condé Nast is renowned for provocative, influential, award winning content-across brands, across platforms, and across continents. We’re committed to attracting new talent to keep us at the top of our business. If you are looking to be part of a culture of excellence marked by journalistic integrity and superior design, we invite you to explore this career opportunity and see how your talent and aspirations might fit within Condé Nast.
Content Sales Manager
Consumer Business Development
Condé Nast seeks a Content Sales Manager for a full-time staff position.
The Content Sales Manager, within Consumer Business Development is an experienced salesperson that will prospect, and pitch Conde Nast content, as a fine art solution, to both current and targeted future partners and direct customers. Targeted industries include, but are not limited to: home décor (furniture art programs), hospitality, interior design, art consultants/agencies, etc. The Commercial Sales manager is responsible for all client-facing business development, as well as strategizing, tracking and presenting the business’ progress internally.
General responsibilities could include:
- Build and manage relationships with new and existing clients
- Work with multiple types of content (images, cartoons, illustrations, text)
- Strategically curate sets of content to present to pertinent customers/partners in an effort to maximize sales
- Develop a detailed sales strategy and plan of execution
- Generate significant leads through the cold and warm sales call process
- Identify and qualify the final decision maker’s objectives efficiently, during the discovery process
- Conduct successful sales presentations
- Develop relationships with internal and external business partners
- Track ROI, spends and revenue on marketing campaigns, trade shows, etc., to ensure smart decisions are made around spending on outward prospecting
- Provide ongoing and timely communications and reporting to management
- Maintain expense budgets and personal travel and expenses
The ideal candidate is a goal oriented, self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach; has 6-8 years of relevant fine art sales and/or image licensing experience; thrives in a fast-paced environment. The candidate has a strong understanding of how to build and manage relationships, the ability to communicate and add value to client associations; strong internal and external partner management skills; strong written and oral communication skills. The Commercial Sales Manager has experience working with branded content, interfacing effectively with multiple levels of management – especially within large organizations. The ideal candidate is self motivated, results driven with excellent attention to detail and has worked cross-functionally - managing complex projects and integrating new initiatives across an organization.
Condé Nast is home to some of the world’s most celebrated media brands. In the United States, Condé Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, four business-to-business publications, 27 websites, and more than 50 apps for mobile and tablet devices, all of which define excellence in their categories. The company also owns Fairchild Fashion Media (FFM), whose portfolio of brands serves as the leading source of news and analysis for the global fashion community. Condé Nast has won more National Magazine Awards over the past ten years than all of its competitors combined. Visit CondéNast.com and follow us on Twitter @CondeNastCorp and @CondeNastCareer.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.