Corporate Communications Director -Indianapolis, IN preferred- #62876 - WellPoint
7 to 10 years
WellPoint is one of the nation's leading health benefits insurers and a Fortune Top 50 company. At WellPoint, we are dedicated to improving the lives of the people we serve and the health of our communities. WellPoint strives to simplify the connection between health, care, and value for our customers.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine.
Indianapolis, IN preferred
This position is responsible for identifying and leveraging key opportunities to promote the company through its executive leadership, senior management and Corporate Communications personnel, with a focus on anticipating, preparing and managing key communications issues with significant enterprise impact. In addition to providing internal client support, this role will have enterprise responsibility for key business events and production of internal videos.Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
Serves as primary internal communication liaison for WellPoint’s Finance & Actuarial organization.
* Provides communication support and counsel for Finance & Actuarial leadership, including the CFO and his direct reports, on internal communication matters. Develops function-specific communication strategic plan in alignment with enterprise-wide communication objectives and strategy. Lead internal communication for critical initiatives such as quarterly financial results, and mandatory ethics and compliance training. Lead point of contact for quarterly meeting involving top WellPoint leadership across the company, multiple video conference locations and external production resources.
* Oversees execution of communications for client organization in collaboration with other Corporate Communications team members and resources from other WellPoint functional teams; examples include organization announcements, executive messages to internal audiences and all-team events.
* Ensures client communications conform to AP Style standards and other enterprise quality requirements
Serves as enterprise lead in the planning, development and distribution of broadcast-quality video assets for WellPoint associates.
* In partnership with Corporate Communication colleagues and other key contacts across the enterprise, lead story research, storyboard development and coordination of video shoots involving WellPoint executives.
* Provides voice-over narration as needed for company videos.
* Collaborates with external sources to identify and secure assets (b-roll, etc.) and supporting services (makeup, external crews).
* Partners with WellPoint IT to schedule and distribute finished videos to internal audiences.
* Requires a BA/BS degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field; master’s degree in related field preferred.
* Minimum of 5-8 years of related experience required; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required, as well as technical ability to support video production and online distribution of video content.
* Must be able to apply AP Style standards to all written materials, and demonstrate capabilities with a portfolio of past projects and written/video work.
WellPoint is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and is a 2012 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at www.wellpoint.com/careers. EOE
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: