Director, Social Media - Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
10 to 15 years
401(K), Bonuses, Health, Dental, Vision
ONLY THOSE WHO APPLY USING THE LINK BELOW WILL BE CONSIDERED:
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. seeks a Director, Social Marketing and Strategy for the Direct to Consumer department within Warner Bros. Digital Distribution. This position will be the social evangelist for the division by educating, enabling and energizing the company around the changing landscape of social technologies and what it could mean for the future of Warner Bros. properties. This role will assist in the development and execution of the social marketing strategy for Warner Bros. New Release films and is the primary social owner and executor of the Library of films and other digital product lines based on WB IP. The Director of Social Marketing and Strategy will manage a team that will coordinate closely with its cross-functional peers in Digital Distribution, Home Entertainment and across the Studio to align creative/communication and social media strategies for releases as well as manage relationships with vendors (data analytics, campaign management, creative) for campaign execution. This role will be hands on in budget preparation for product lifecycle, performance analysis and reporting.
- Provide leadership, roadmap definition, and governance for the Social Enterprise by developing a proactive business program that focuses on generating revenue through social channels.
- Bring together internal stakeholders and define and develop scalable programs that utilize social initiatives for marketing, support and product innovation (i.e. UV).
- Perform industry and competitive analysis to highlight underlying category trends and competitive dynamics surrounding social.
- Understand customer needs and identify unmet (or emerging) needs across the entertainment category that can be solved using social channels.
- Identify, evaluate and manage new strategic business opportunities, partnerships and internal TW alliances (i.e. Time Inc, HBO, and Turner).
- Create opportunities and projects that are managed and reviewed monthly/quarterly to ensure the Social Enterprise is productive and yields the Company’s social revenue goals. Work across departments and job functions to stay in sync with the division’s short-term and long-term priorities.
- Build and maintain relationships with a number of strategic partners (i.e. Facebook, Twitter).
- Communicate strategic priorities and findings to senior management.
- Work with VP, Marketing to scope, design and deliver new social functionality (i.e. WBUltra).
- Manage the Social Enterprise team consisting of 2 Managers, Data Analyst, Community Specialists and Coordinator.
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or related field required. MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience required in consumer marketing, film marketing, consumer services marketing, or new media/online or technology marketing.
- Previous experience in social preferred.
- 10+ years professional experience.
- Have a high degree of motivation and work well both as an individual and within team environment and a track record of early technology adoption.
- A natural born “connector” both internally and externally.
- Superior communication, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand customer needs and identify unmet (or emerging) needs that can be solved using social networking.
- Understand technology trends as it relates to Social.
- Strong organizational skills required to effectively manage multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to proactively identify and pursue opportunities for business process improvement.
- Ability to contribute to and develop strategies for WBDD revenue growth.
- Ability to interact diplomatically with clients at various levels within our partner companies.
- Ability to interact internally/externally on a daily basis to achieve overall goals and initiatives.
- Ability to prepare ongoing activity and status reports regarding campaign activities.
- Must have excellent communication, negotiation, & analytical skills.
- Must have solid working knowledge of marketing, strategic planning, and financial & competitive analysis.
- Must have ability to use PC & related software, including Outlook, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
If interested in this position, please apply online at: