Customer Marketing Manager & Analyst - Shoedazzle.com, Inc.
Santa Monica, CA
2 to 5 years
ShoeDazzle has an exciting opening for a Customer Marketing Analyst. This position will be responsible for driving customer marketing strategies, driving insights from customer data, and developing customer retention programs. We are seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with a combination of exceptional quantitative skills, experience with relational databases, familiarity with email marketing and retention strategies.
- Develop email test strategies, analyze and report results and implications to team and executives in a clear and concise format.
- Develop customer retention strategy programs, and guide implementation of automated email campaigns.
- Analyze customer data to provide insights to influence marketing strategies and tactics.
- Responsible for targeting and segmentation strategies to optimize performance of email and direct mail marketing campaigns, including target population identification, pulling lists, and reporting and evaluating results.
- Become an expert on customer database and all related sources of data.
- Collaborate with engineering team to define requirements of database structures and system processes needed to support marketing operations, related to both internal and 3rd party vendor solutions.
- Develop and report on KPIs to track performance of marketing strategies.
- Work with team on other projects and analyses as needs arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree preferred
- Statistical coursework and experience highly desired
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, Excel, Access, web tracking software (Omniture a plus)
- Passion for digging into databases to extract actionable conclusions.
- 3+ years marketing experience, with heavy focus on quantitative analysis.
- Strong understanding of direct marketing and how to evaluate campaign success at a customer level with a long term lens.
- Customer retention and email marketing experience a plus.
- Self-starter willing to question whether current methodologies are optimal with the ability to build fact based proposals for additional testing or outright change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work under pressure of deadlines.