Ad Sales Executive - NDN (News Distribution Network)
NDN (News Distribution Network)
New York, NY, NY
2 to 5 years
401(K), Bonuses, Stock, Health, Dental, Vision
NDN has redefined the online video space with a new, disruptive model that removes all costs for publishers while providing access to the world’s best content, sophisticated online video players, content management tools, and a generous revenue stream via high-CPM, direct-sold advertising. NDN now reaches over 81M unique users on thousands of publisher sites, including the largest newspaper properties in the country such as, NYPost.com, SFGate.com, Boston.com, NYDailyNews.com, ChicagoTribune.com, DallasNews.com, SunTimes.com, AJC.com, MiamiHerald.com plus new media destinations such as Breitbart.com, Spartz Media sites including OMG-Facts.com, TheBlaze.com, and PerezHilton.com. Publishers partnering with NDN have instant access to the broadest offering of video news available anywhere. Featured content partners include The AP, Reuters, ABC News, CBS News, AFP, CNET, E! Online, Entertainment Tonight, The Insider, Food Network, Travel Channel, FOX Sports, Comcast Sports Group, and other premium sources. NDN also delivers local video content from network affiliates and news organizations around the country, and enables publishers to share content with each other in a comprehensive digital media exchange featuring built-in revenue sharing controls, competitive and geographic filters, and concise analytics.
In 2010, The AP selected NDN to absorb all operations of the 1600-member OVN (Online Video Network), and NDN is now the exclusive syndication partner for the AP’s 4,300 members and associate members. In 2011, NDN acquired Inform Technologies Inform.com, a natural language processing and semantic analysis company, to automatically deliver the most contextually relevant video to news stories. This year, NDN acquired Mochila Mochila.com, the Web's leading syndication marketplace for media beyond just video, notably text and photos.
As of April 2012, NDN is ranked #10 on ComScore's video property rankings with over 27 million monthly unique visitors and nearly 190 million monthly video content starts.
The Director of Sales will be responsible for selling online video advertising to video ad networks, agencies and brands at the national level. Other responsibilities include developing presentation materials and managing online campaigns while working with customers on advertising products and placement.
· Must have either online video and/or broadcast advertising sales experience to video ad networks, agencies and brands at the national level.
· Successful track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
· Experience identifying and approaching top decision makers within an organization.
· Proven track record of successfully managing multiple contacts, multiple brands and numerous projects daily, and have extremely strong follow up and follow through skills.
· Proven experience in meeting and exceeding revenue goals by uncovering opportunities for growth through a consultative selling approach.
· Preferably have gained experience at a large, sophisticated organization and then successfully transitioned to a smaller, more entrepreneurial environment.
· Highly competent understanding and interest in Web 2.0 video technologies and related business models.
· Core understanding of web analytics.
· An aggressive, highly motivated, self-starter. Very bright and a quick study with the ability to “hit the ground running” and quickly impact the business.
· Operate with a sense of urgency and value accountability. S/he will thrive in our fast-paced, dynamic, and fluid environment.
· A visionary and a problem-solver who is solution-oriented. Analytical and able to assess market opportunities and translate them into business initiatives.
· Able to be both strategic and conceptual with a hands-on approach to the business. Enjoys being involved in the details of the business and is a “make it happen” individual.
· Very strong communication, relationship building, inter-personal and reporting skills. Importantly, is highly competent communicating technically and clearly with publishers, developers, and advertising operations.
· Conducts him/herself with a high degree of integrity.
At a minimum, a Bachelor degree in a related field such as business, advertising, or journalism.
Compensation package includes base salary, commission, stock options and benefits.