Where the future of media and advertising intersects!
October 17-20, 2010
Rancho Mirage, California
Engage With Your Customers Across the Digital Landscape
Breakthrough is where more than 130 marketers and their agency partners come to tackle the challenge of communicating a brand's value and engage with a brand's target audience across the full spectrum of digital media platforms and applications. Getting it right means leveraging online, mobile, social, digital out-of-home and more to generate a cohesive message wherever the customer interacts with your brand. It means harnessing display, search, video, games and apps to communicate a message and build engagement.
Join us for three days of insight and collaboration with marketers, agencies and service provider partners!
Get Ready for Launch Pad! Don't miss Launch Pad, a special one-day pre-summit conference on advertising and marketing on the iPad and other tablet devices; open exclusively (and free!) to marketer and agency guests.
As a Marketer You'll Participate In
- 3 full days of peer-to-peer exchange (including full-day marketers-only meeting)
- Informative, collaborative breakout sessions & dynamic keynotes
- A variety of meals, receptions, recreation and other networking functions
- Plus, complimentary 4-night stay at the beautiful Rancho Las Palmas Resort
As a Publisher & Service Provider You Can
- Have meaningful interaction with marketers exploring their digital marketing challenges during a variety of uniquely designed collaborative sessions
- Have an opportunity during organized deal-making sessions to introduce your company's services to a contingent of brand marketers
- Spend some time building long-lasting business relationships with potential customers during a variety of intimate, relaxed networking meal and reception functions, at which iMedia keeps a tight control of the ratio of "buyer" to "seller" to achieve that relationship-building environment.
David Pescovitz Keynotes Breakthrough
Pescovitz is the well-known writer, journalist known for his work covering science, technology and the Internet culture. He is the co-editor of the influential weblog BoingBoing.net and Research Director at the Institute for the Future.
Global Director of Digital & Social Media
Director of Innovations
Director, Insight & Research
Center for Media Design
Ball State University
Who Attends Breakthrough?
Check out marketer and agency attendees from the last Breakthrough in March of this year!
A One-Day Pre-Conference to iMedia's Breakthrough Summit, October 17, Rancho Mirage, California
What is Launch Pad?
Launch Pad is a one-day pre-conference to Octobers Breakthrough Summit (October 17 – 20) that covers new advertising opportunities surrounding iPads and other tablets. Tablets like the iPad help to create immersive reading and viewing experiences that bridge the gap between conversion-focused search and web-digital display advertising and branding-focused print and TV ads. The celebrated first iPad issue of Condé Nast’s Wired (June 2010) featured ads with video and interactivity, but in a lean-back environment where readers can focus on the magazine without blinking interruption. But next-gen magazines are just the start—savvy brands are using on-tablet applications for CRM, to drive awareness and to create useful tools for their customers.
Who Will Attend Launch Pad?
iMedia will invite both brand and agency senior executives to come early to attend Launch Pad, spending the day Sunday, October 17, exploring the advertising issues and opportunities surrounding iPads/tablets, prior to attending Breakthrough’s opening reception that evening. A limited number of sponsors will also be attending the one-day event.
This is the same model as iMedia's very successful “Mobile Boot Camp” held prior to the Breakthrough Summit each March for the past two years.
Issues to be Explored
In this day-long deep dive about the latest tablet-based advertising prototypes we'll explore topics including:
- How customer usage is different with tablets
- Who controls the tablet advertising budget and strategy
- How to work with publishers in this new environment
- The right strategies behind tablet application creation
- Tablet success stories from brands, agencies and publishers
- Tablet-based ad opportunities, ad models, and application developers
- How and where social media, search and tablets intersect
- Location-Based Advertising opportunities in tablets
- How brands can speak with their customers via tablets
- What the Flash vs. HTML5 dichotomy means for brands
5 Reasons You Can’t Miss This Event
- Do Business: Create long term relationships with top buyers and sellers.
- Build Your Knowledge: The brightest minds share what's next in digital.
- Invite Only: Attendance is limited to senior Agency, Publisher and Brand leaders.
- Collaborative Environment: Informal networking; no hard sales pitches.
- No distractions: Always held at luxury resorts; attendees don't compete with the office or city life.