We recently launched a new data view at Zuum: The Social Engagement Leaderboard. It ranks the volume of engagement for a set of brands across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+ and Pinterest. We applied this data view to some of the top social brands in the world, and found that a number of them are getting higher numbers of engagements on Instagram than on Facebook.
This report looks at the benchmarks and content of 7 of them: Coca-Cola, Oreo, Red Bull, Chevrolet, Maybelline, Calvin Klein and Burberry.
Key Data Points
- 86% of the total fan count is on Facebook while only 20% of the total engagements are on Facebook
- 1.6% of the total fan count is on Instagram, while 72% of the total engagements are on Instagram
- The ratio of engagements per post to fan count was 100 times higher on Instagram than Facebook
- The Instagram accounts are gaining fans at a rate 5 times faster than the Facebook pages
- Brands are posting about the same volume on Instagram as they are on Facebook
Curious to hear of other smaller brands generating more engagement on networks other than Facebook.